Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Power Outage

We had a power outage for 20 hours! We had to throw away quite a bit of food. Thankfully, however, most of M's milk was saved. We lost about 8-10 bags, which was heartbreaking, but it could have been much worse.
When Taran was little, I gave away all his reserve milk to IMMB.That was a strategic mistake. Sometimes it was touch and go if I was going to have enough to get him through times when I was away. It worked out but was really stressful.
With M, I have saved a lot of reserve for her, and have been feeling very confident about the situation. I was so worried that it would all be thawed this morning. But 8-10 bags is not a bad casualty count for 20 hours power free...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about you the other night and wondered if you all were safe. 20 hours is a long time! So sorry to hear that.

Anonymous said...

I don't believe I've experienced such a long power outage. I'm glad Mardella has a good food supply since she's just starting solid foods. She definitely looks like she's thriving. She needs to start crawling and build up some muscle. :) Rain, rain, rain, here. The lake is high! People are asked to go by docks slowly so they aren't ripped out by the waves.