Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"I'm a Mother too."

F watches the babies 2 days a week. It was part of the deal when we got married with intent to have children. My Mom worked and my Dad watched me when I was little, therefore, father/kid bonding is a priority of mine, which F agrees with. F has a really good bond with all the kids.

We watched a movie version of the Passion of the Christ. For those of you not familiar, there is a part in the Passion where Mary goes to Jesus as he has fallen. In the movie, there is a flashback to Mary running towards Jesus when he has fallen as a little boy. It made me cry.

Later that evening I was remarking to F how I thought that was a very powerful part of the movie, perhaps the most powerful part of all. My husband responded, sadly, with tears in his eyes, "I understand. It was so sad. I'm a mother too, you know."

"I'm a mother too." Mother, in his case, meaning "emotionally bonded" and "in love". How funny that he felt the need to claim that title to describe his love for the children.

No comments: