Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Trail of

breadcrumbs...

Days ago I noticed that T was not getting into M's bed to snuggle at night. Instead he's been perching on her bedside table. We all three usually climb into the bed together and snuggle.

Days ago, before a nap, I gave M a piece of bread to eat right in her bed. It was a very lazy day and I never peeled back the covers to check the status of the bread.

I didn't realize that there might be a connection between the two things, until tonight, when I walked in to M's room and overheard T saying in a totally disgusted voice, "I told you, M. I'm not getting into that bed with all those little tiny burgers* in it."

M sighed and said, "Okay..." and climbed into her bed.

Curiosity piqued, I pulled back the covers and found, NOT "little tiny burgers*" but lots and lots of dried up bread crumbs. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, I will wash the sheets and vacuum.




*One word that disgusts me is the word booger. I don't believe I use this word in general conversation, nor can I think of many times where I've heard it in our household. A few weeks ago, T told me about a "dried burger" in his nose. This "dried burger" could really only be one thing. At the time I was hoping not to hear the word again, so I chose not to use that as a teachable moment. However, a boy should only have to go on so long using the incorrect term for booger, and so I will have to now correct him.

2 comments:

Nick & Natalie said...

Hilarious! I got a good chuckle out of this one! Sounds like your having fun!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! Good luck with correcting him. P has started saying "ain't". That darn school is nothing but trouble. You know we aren't saying that at home. (we do, however, say booger.)