Friday, July 24, 2009

That's Enough!

The other night, T had trouble sleeping. It was late at night, about 9:30, and he called out to me. I went in his room to snuggle with him. He has a light-up "Moon in my Room". You can set the lights to any cycle of the moon and he enjoys telling me which cycle to turn it to. It didn't come on when I clicked the remote so I called for F.

F came in, removed the moon, changed the batteries, and brought it back. In returning, he placed the moon over his head and danced and sang, "I'm the moon man."
It was funny and I remember enjoying it, although wondering how he could have that much energy at such a late hour.

The next morning I was helping T pick out his outfit and get him dressed. He sat down and pointed up at the moon which was now securely hanging on the wall. Here is our conversation.

T: That's the moon.

A: Yup.

T: Daddy WAS the moon. Daddy was the moon MAN. Daddy sang.

A: Yup. He sure did.

T: Daddy sang and danced the moon man song. It was FUNNY. Hahahahahahaha!

A: Yup. It was funny.

T: Daddy laughed and sang and DANCED. Daddy was the moon. Daddy was funny. Daddy's funny. But that's ENOUGH.

A: What?

T: Daddy danced. Daddy was the moon. And YOU said, you said, THAT'S ENOUGH! You said, That's enough now Daddy.

This is what T remembers? Not that I snuggled with him and rubbed his little back and cuddled him while he went to sleep? All he thinks about in the morning was that I was the bummer-parent saying "That's enough" to all the fun...

No comments: