Friday, August 1, 2008

Things I Don't Know About Our Landscaping

Some things I don't know about our landscaping. I'm confused:

Is this a weed? I hate to pull it because it appears to have some sort of flower things. BUT, it seems to grow rather quickly, and also to be surrounding the daisy-like flowers and choking them out. Bully.


Are these weeds? They are everywhere around where the other flowers are planted. Are they part of the arrangement that Phyllis (previous lady of the manor) so neatly plotted out, or are they intruders?



We've got these rosebushes all around the house. Unfortunately, I learned about the Japanese beetle bug by stepping out the other day into an absolute infestation on the roses. First I tried to beat the bugs off of the rosebushes with a rake. It didn't seem to deter them for long, AND my Mom made fun of me. So, Ace Hardware (the Helpful Place), said that I should spread that poison powder on them. So I had Frank do it.

But now, the roses still don't look very full or healthy. Am I going to have to trim some of the dead parts off? Or just leave them?


This is our giant tree in the backyard. It was a memorial to the son that Phyllis lost. So, we pay yearly to have it sprayed for "bag worms", to ensure its health and future wellness.

However, it looks a bit rickety. Do you trim a tree this size? Prune it? What the heck is supposed to make it look good again? Bear in mind that this is a giant. See the roof of the house in the photo? This tree is B-I-G.

No comments: