Sunday, September 21, 2008

Photography Tutorial

I bought a big dog camera and am learning to use it. In my spare time. Between the 3 jobs, and the many children...I digress.

Anyway, I read this other blog called the Pioneer Woman, and in her blog, she has a whole section where she does photography and photoshop tutorials.

I also read a blog called beanski she sometimes talks about photography, and her blog links to many, many other blogs that talk about photography, or have really well done photos.

So anyway, I think I'm getting good enough to do my own sorts of photography tutorials. Here is one, for example...

In the following photo, you can see how I've used the focus to highlight the most important area of the picture, drawing the eyes to the intended subject. By using the focus in this manner, you can create artistically beautiful images with depth and integrity...






Yup. Oh yeah. That's my photo. With the CHAIRS in focus, and my sweet little son OUT OF FOCUS. He's going to be so thrilled with his scrapbook when he gets older. He'll probably have to attend some sort of counseling sessions.

"Yes," he'll say to the therapist, "My Mom really did love the furniture more than me. Look here, I can prove it."

Then, he'll take out This Very Photo, and the therapist will gasp and tell him that she doesn't think she can be of any help to him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We must be going to the same photography school. This is very much how I take pictures.

Keep at it and soon you will be a pro. What kind of camera did you get?

Anonymous said...

What is a big dog camera?
I will "testify" for you that you loved Taran more than the chairs. The chairs are on their way out, and Taran is still there. What a cute kid - even out of focus. Always such a great smile.

AmandaH said...

I wish the chairs were on their way out sooner. We're having trouble finding the right ones to go with the table we got.
I think the expression "big dog" must have come from my rural roots. Or I just made it up. I don't know.
I really use it to describe anything that is not basic level. Like "big dog
car" for something fancy and expensive, or "big dog guitar" for some of the finer guitar specimens that F might bring home.
So my new (used, of course) camera is a Canon REBEL XTI--which I like to write all in caps for fun.
As you can see, it's still beyond me, although I am getting better.
And now I've got some newer photoshop software, so I'm gonna learn how to fix all my idiot mistakes. In my spare time. Bwahahahaha!