Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tree Mural


I'm painting a tree in our dining room so that we can measure heights on it. I didn't like any of the height measurement charts in the stores...so I'm making my own. I've got a basic outline of the tree and two nuts, ahem, leaves on it so far. J is only slightly under F in height.
There will be other leaves on the tree too. The picture that I'm using as a guide (I googled "tree mural" and found wonderful photos!) has a couple of different kinds of leaves on it, which I think is really cute.


There will be two more main branches on the tree. One will be where the blue tape is, and the second has already been penciled in above and to the right.



I wanted the tree to be a neutral participant in the decor of our house, therefore it will not have any color; it's all black. If I change the colors in the dining room, it will still fit in. It will still fit in as much as a large painted tree can...

I like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! I bought a chart from the store and have yet to mark anything on it. Oops.

Anonymous said...

Who gets to be measured on the tree?

AmandaH said...

Whoever wants. I forgot to get N last time he was at the house. But he should get measured for sure!