
We moved into this house and it has wallpaper in the main bathroom.
"Why," you might ask, "have you taken so long to begin peeling off this monstrosity?"
I kinda like it.
I know. I know.
It's definitely not of this era.
And it definitely is not hip and modern, like I am. I am so very hip and modern.
And this wallpaper isn't.
But it sort of reminds me of the bathroom that was in my friend MG's house when I was growing up. Her mom was always very stylish. MG's bathroom had almost this same pattern, but in peach...
with matching peach curtains on the window, (with ruffles), and matching peach curtains (with ruffles) surrounding the tub. I was so jealous.
When we moved here, this house had curtains (with ruffles) over the window. They were beige, and matching curtains (with ruffles) surrounding the tub... Also beige. It was all I could do not to run out and buy a matching beige faux flower arrangement. I would have put it in a basket. MG's bathroom had a peach arrangement in a wicker basket.
However, a few years have passed now. I feel that even MG's mom has probably abandoned the peach floral bathroom, and gone for something a bit more current.
Anybody have a guess about the year of this wallpaper? I'm curious. I'm stripping it off, but I'd like to give it it's proper respect as it goes.
2 comments:
I'm not a designer but I watch lots of shows. I'm guessing late 50s or early 60s. I'm off to research it.
What are you replacing it with?
Almost bought it once, but don't remember when. It would have had to be after 1968.
Post a Comment