Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coop 2

My original chicken plan has flown the coop!

I had originally (not crispily...) planned to get some older birds from a local farm. Older birds seem so much less fragile. Older birds could go right out in the coop. They could skip the whole "heat lamp" stage, which seems so confusing to me. Older birds don't need the more expensive "starter" food.

BUT, the older birds have been sold.

So, tomorrow, I'm picking up "day olds."

Day old baby chicks. They are almost cuter than human babies...

For about six weeks they'll live in an amp box in the house with us, after that, we'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I hope everyone survives.

2. We must have pictures.

3. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

How fun. T and M will love it! And they'll be so soft and fuzzy. Cute.

Anonymous said...

The chicks will be soft and fuzzy. Not T and M.