Wednesday, September 23, 2009

T and the doll

T loves this doll.
He patiently nurses her. He totes her around with him. He gives her rides on the tricycle.



But like all good parents who encourage independence and cultivate responsibility in the young ones that they raise, he knows when it is time for them to spread their wings and fly.

So, he violently tosses her out of the protective shell that is the gated playroom and shouts,
"Time for you to go to work!"

It appears that she has fallen in a most ungracious manner. But he knows. He knows he has done his job well and she will pick herself up and land on her feet.

**Try not to be jealous of our wood paneling...Not just one, but two styles of wood paneling.
We are very lucky folks.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Until you pointed it out, I hadn't noticed the two types of paneling. I was focused on the plight of the poor dolly. Will she get up? Where does she work? Does she make a living wage? It's a lot to think about.

Anonymous said...

Does he put her to bed when she gets home from work? And feed her supper. It's a tough world out there--good thing he's getting her ready for it. Speaking of the paneling--I was going to post a pic once and then didn't because of the horrible painted paneling. Too funny!

AmandaH said...

I like painted paneling.