Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lullabies, edited by Fiona Watt

It is with great sadness that I report I will no longer nightly sing T his Lullabies storybook that was given to him by his Godfather Mark.
F and I sang the songs from the book to T every night at West Cook street. When we moved, and F started to get home later than T's bedtime, I continued on, staying with the same melodies and sound effects that F had made up to go with the song lyrics.
However, I have recently noticed that T is no longer really enjoying it. Sure, he politely listens, and smiles at times, but he does not look up at me in wonder anymore as we go through the nightly ritual.
Last night, I decided it was time to let him pick out his own book for bedtime. He selected "Animals in the Woods" which is an out-of-print board book from 1987. It was a sound choice and we read about the box turtle, fox, and skunk.

He went right to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think change is somewhat harder on the Momma than the child.

Kudos to you for letting Taran pick out what interested him. And who can resist a story with a skunk in it?

Perhaps Frank can still sing the lullabies to you.