Similar to the NPR broadcasts only in title...
In this, a second in a series of posts, I am going to write about something that I believe to be true. It may be my mother told me that it was true; it may be that I read it on the Internet; it may be something that I saw with my own eyes, but somehow, somewhere, I've picked it up along the way. Dispute or support the reality, likelihood, or feasibility of it in your comments.
And No Fair researching the matter before you come to the table. That just wouldn't be as much fun.
I'm a librarian. I can find information on anything and twice, but I'd like to hear about your gut instinct.
This I believe:
I believe that spraying PAM into an already hot pan could cause an explosion of some sort. Now don't get me wrong here, I still do it on a weekly basis; but each time I do, I really fear that "this time it may be the last..."
I back off from the pan, turn my head away and do a kind of duck and cover. An explosion has never occurred, leading me to think that this belief may not be based in reality.
4 comments:
My first gut instinct was to laugh. Mostly at the image of Amanda taking cover while spraying her pan. But my second gut instinct says to me that there is not enough "oil" in a spray of Pam to ignite when hitting a hot surface.
Now off to research it!!!
No. No explosion or I would have blown up years ago!
I tried to leave this message once, but it didn't seem to take. I'm the one who told you that and I got the information off of the PAM can itself. I haven't read a PAM can lately and ingredients may have changed. I still am careful about spraying it onto a hot pan and will continue to be so.:) Anyway, if you don't listen to your mother you will be sorry, but I love you anyway.
It will explode if it is combustible. Yes. Just like cologne. It can explode too if you leave it in a really hot car.
Post a Comment